Friday, October 24, 2008

The Greatest Thing I Know

No words, favors, kisses, and/or cards could ever fully thank you for what you have done for me. For the times when you gave me your last [of something], or gave me something when you didn't have it to give. For the times when I struggled and faltered, you reassured me that if no one else in the world believes in me, you did. For the countless times you said, "I love you" and the countable things you did to reinforce that statement. For all the sacrifices, all the struggles, and pain that you have gone through to make it so that I could live a better life -- thank you.

Fully entering into adulthood, with college behind me and opportunities ahead (I pray), I can only really attribute all of my major and minor success to one person -- you. You have been at ever recital, graduation, meeting, practice, concert, and recognition ceremony cheering me along. And as I go and embark on new challenges, more difficult and pressured, I know that sincerely know that I have a person in my life that will continue to (uninhibitedly) cheer me on.

As I sit in a new place, making new friends, and learning new things -- I can't help but think out my old place and old friends, and those things that I KNEW. While high school friendships have faded and the places where I grew up have change, the most important thing in my past and has stayed present.

So as I get nervous about how'll I do on the next test, in this program, in this city -- in the future; I know that I have someone who has always been there and (the greatest thing I know) will always be.

Thanks, Mom!

Grateful Son

No comments: